More than 70 million Americans suffer from some form of sleep disorder. Insomnia and other sleep disorders can have a major impact on health, productivity and interpersonal relationships.
Common sleep disorders include:
- Sleep Apnea
- Jet Lag
- Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS)
Diagnosis and Treatment
The DENT Sleep Center has a fully equipped diagnostic laboratory, including six private suites where patients sleep while being monitored by trained technicians.
- Polysomnography normally requires an overnight stay in one of our private suites. During this stay, while you sleep, you will be monitored for Sleep Staging, Eye Movement, Nasal/Oral Airflow, Chest and Abdominal Respiratory Movement, Chin and Limb EMG, EKG and Pulse Oxymetry
- Multiple Sleep Latency Testing
- The multiple sleep latency test records your brain waves (EEG), heart rate (EKG), muscle activity and eye movements.
- CPAP delivers air into your airway. The mask does not breathe for you, but creates enough pressure when you inhale to keep your airway open.
Our Amherst and Orchard
Park locations are accredited.
These procedures are used to diagnose an array of sleep disorders, including sleep apnea, insomnia, restless leg syndrome (RLS), excessive sleepiness, narcolepsy, and other abnormal sleep behaviors.
Learn More About Sleep Disorders
Our Center Providers
Center Director: Kenneth R. Murray, M.D.