Intuition: A Brain Health Study
Intuition is a virtual research study sponsored by Biogen, in collaboration with Apple, for participants between the ages of 21 and 86.* By joining us, you can help researchers investigate the role an Apple Watch and iPhone could play in:
- Measuring changes in thinking and memory in adults
- Studying longer-term changes in brain health – some of which may occur normally as we age, while others could be an early indicator of certain forms of dementia, such as Alzheimer’s disease
This study, therefore, may be an important step toward better understanding overall brain health.
How it works
Participating in the study is entirely virtual and has been designed to fit in alongside your daily activities. On average, we are asking for you to contribute just over an hour a month of your time to help with brain health research. You can earn the ability to keep the Apple Watch, and up to an additional $280, in the process.
Step 1: Download the app
Visit the App Store on your iPhone to download the Intuition app and see if you’re eligible.
Step 2: Enroll in Intuition
Answer some questions in the Intuition app to confirm if you’re eligible to join the study. You’ll then need to complete the onboarding process, including agreeing to share the health information from your iPhone and Apple Watch as described during this process (give yourself 30 minutes to complete the surveys).
Step 3: Participate from where you are
Intuition is a virtual study. This means that joining the study involves wearing an Apple Watch, which will be provided to all participants, and completing study activities, mostly in the Intuition app on your iPhone and sometimes on your computer or iPad.
- The age of 21- 86 years old
- Have and use an iPhone 8 (released in fall 2017) or later
- Have access to Wi-Fi or hardwired internet
- Have an active email address
- Have a compatible computer (Mac or Windows) or iPad
- Live in the United States
- Be willing to wear an Apple Watch, which will be provided, on a daily basis
What to Expect:
- Participation is entirely virtual. This means study activities are mostly completed right in the Intuition iPhone app and sometimes on a computer or iPad
Dr Michelle Rainka
Want to participate in a study?
Fill out the form below and one of our Research Coordinators will be in contact with you as soon as possible. If we currently do not have a study that is currently available for you, we will add you to our database for future studies.